Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Diagnose the Diagnosis

Symptoms:
- Panting
- Shortness of breath
- Anxiety
- Dry mouth
- Shaking
- Blurred vision
- Excitability

Diagnosis:



Pregnant wife.

Yes, even though I'm sure *all* the people who read the blog already know this, Ann-Marie has a bun in the oven. We just had an ultrasound this morning to confirm how far along she is, and evidently she was pregnant when she won the Calgary marathon!! So now we're counting down till the due date, April 14.
The ultrasound technician kept referring to the foetus' "arm and leg buds"... I cringed every time I heard that. I wanted to say, let's just call them arms and legs, okay?
Anyway, fingers crossed that Progeny comes out with more than buds.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do all those symptoms refer to you or the mother?

We are soooo happy!

Nana and Papa Paul

Anonymous said...

Of course it refers to the father. Us old folk are a bit slow on the up take! :)

Love,
me.

Ryan said...

I'll say... glad you found your remote control.

Albinoblackbear said...

Whole new meaning to "this bud's for you".


:)

simmers said...

I can't wait until the feotus grows up...we'll be best buds.

simmers said...

hey Ryan...did your hit counter see this?? 11:14pm. stealth mode...

Ryan said...

No the hit counter missed it, but I picked it up loud and clear on my 'dorkdar'.

Anonymous said...

don't worry about the buds, our kids had them too, and look at them... Congratulations, two is so fun, especially when you single parent it. You will repeat a mantra... 'why didn't anyone tell me how easy one was?"
FYI I really like your blog, it makes me laugh.
Sarah Newton

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is awesome!!! Congrats. I haven't checked the blog for a while and it's great to pop back in and find such great news.
xo

R